Friday, August 27, 2010

Hamilton Ont. (Trip Day 95)

Yes, we arrived home on Friday afternoon (Aug. 27/10) on our 95th day of this adventure. An so the trip is over you think. Well not exactly. It seems impossible to me to have this experience, and then not share the adventure with family and friends. There is also a strong urge within me to reflect quietly within myself as to what I have experienced. This I admit in advance could be personal, but never the less I'd like to make it public. The easy part is to share the hard data of the adventure. As many of you may know I like the computer spreadsheet programs. An so this trip gave the opportunity to track a number of parameters in a spreadsheet. These tracked items then produced the following summary page.




As for reflection this enters a completely different arena. It strikes me now that I entered this caravan thinking that the only things I would have in common was that I was human, and owned a Winnebago product. Well the ownership of a Winnebago products was true. However the human connection became far more involved. We met fellow RV'ers who were more then humans. They quickly became friends, and we quickly started to share our pasts with each other. All of us have had highs and lows in our past. And it was amazing how we could relate to their joys and pains. And so as I ponder about this, I wonder why has this experience happened to me? Why have I been so richly blessed to not only be able to have this trip of a lifetime, but also been allowed to so quickly enter into the lives of these 14 couples? And have I left a positive mark on my fellow travellers? In the 49 days that the caravan was together as a group. not a single off colour remark was heard, and yes the daily asking of a blessing before our meals together for me was greatly appreciated. It seemed like the prayer before the meal tied the awesome vistas of the day's travel together. Haven seen the beauty of this vast land, on more then one occasion brought tears to our eyes, and deepen our belief that this world truly belongs to God. And so I leave you with this picture. Singularly we are nothing, and uniquely different, but as a member of God's family we still can be unique, but blend into a master piece.


And as  such I leave you with this open invitation. Stop by anytime, (in person, or via my email box) and lets share a story.


1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful blog papa
    we missed you and are so happy you are home

    ReplyDelete