Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leavenworth WA. (Trip Day 78)

While walking through the campsite last night I thought I recognized a Winnebago Motor home. However without its tow car on site I wasn't sure. This morning coming back from our KOA on site breakfast I spotted the tow car. Suspicion confirmed. This had to be the coach belonging to our Alaskan Caravan hosts Barbara and Tony Booth. While in front of the coach I express my suspicions to Garba. No sooner did I have the words out of my mouth then Barbara and Tony came running out of their coach. Who would have thought it. As it turns out they had been at this KOA for almost a week visiting family in the Seattle area. We just happened to pick it for a one night stay. It had been my intention to continue south, and stay tonight at the foot of Mount St.Helen's. After our talk with Barbara and Tony these plans were changed to spending our next night in Leavenworth WA. The drive on Hwy 2 took us through Stevens Pass, with an elevation in the neighbour of 4800'. Yes definitely another WOW trip.


"Leavenworth is a beautiful Bavarian village themed city of about 2,400 residents in the central part of Washington State. Its scenic Cascade Mountain setting, over one hundred charming shops and restaurants, and a wide range of events throughout of the year make it one of the best places to travel in the Northwest".


Along the way today I was reminded why I'm opposed to affixing stickers on my vehicles, including the motor home.


You never know when a simple idea gets carried away.




No comments:

Post a Comment