Sunday, August 15, 2010

Missoula MT. (Trip Day 81)

Refreshed from yesterday's down day, and restocked from our shopping experience, its time to again hit the road . Todays travel has us leaving Washington, going through Idhao, and into the state of Montana. As can be seen from the next picture the road is fairly hilly and windy. (Interstate 90). For a driver this was a beautiful road, maybe not the same for the co-pilot.


Trying to be sensitive to the situation I looked hard to find a good rest stop for our coffee break. When I saw the sign for Kellogg Idhao, I thought I had struck gold. Here  Garba could have a relaxing cup of coffee, and see how corn flakes are really made. WRONG Again. As you can imagine the coffee was passed up for a photo op.


(Oh I forgot to mention the coffee shop was at the top of the hill)


We left this place with me thinking how neat those trees looked. It may have been possible to actually look down at the tree tops. Never the less I'm again looking for another stop. It wasn't long before a state park invited us in. As it turns out the state was allowing everyone into the parks today with no entrance fee. Great bonus.


While we were having coffee with a sandwich, my mind again returned to the tree tops. So since I couldn't get above them, you'll have to suffer with a picture from below the tops.



The travel day ended for us in Missoula MT. With  little investigating we were able to find a church.



Kids, remember that last week's homily lasted  for 60 minutes, the service today was not a lot shorter. Today's homily lasted 45 minutes. Interestingly not one person got up to leave. Ain't it surprising how an
appropriate message can hold your attention.

1 comment: